Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Hmmm... A few things today

I have a few things on my mind tonight. As i close out my day doing my usual Internet routine... checking out my friend's blogs... myspace... gmail... church website... and finishing up on Facebook. Here are those things on my mind. In no particular order...

THOUGHT #1:
Today was December 2nd! A few months ago i was working at the radio station with a bunch of really great people. One of the ladies there was this awesome woman of the Lord... very strong in her faith and in prayer... she has a heart for the single ministry... she was just way cool. Well, throughout the course of the few days with her she told me that while she was making a list of prayer requests for the people working there, she put my name down and she wrote down the wrong date. She claimed to feel very strongly about the specific date that she wrote. She made sure i knew that it was probably no big deal, but to keep that date in mind. That date was December 2nd. Ever since then i would joke with my friends about that date... Even this morning, Gretch and i were joking about what could possibly happen today. It was so silly and fun. Well... looking back, today WAS a very important day. It was a BIG day in my friendship with an old friend. We were VERY close friends for a while, and this last year we just kind of grew apart. Well, yesterday she texted me to see if we could catch up today. We went out to dinner and had a GREAT time catching up and laughing and simply enjoying each other. And I'd like to think that THAT is why today was such an important date! :)

THOUGHT #2:
Ok, just so you know... this all SUCKS! I don't want to be the girl who WAITS around for you to figure out your CRAP. But i feel like i need to be there for you. Why would the Lord bring us together in the first place... for a few fun weeks and some heartache? Nope... that's not how He rolls. So... while you are off figuring out what it is you want... where it is you are going... whatever. I will be here waiting. Trying to find things to fill my time so i don't miss our fun times as much. That's all.


THOUGHT #3:
That DARN TREE! It might have taken me a few YEARS to get over you. And i can say, without a doubt in my mind, that I AM OVER it all. I have apologized... forgiven... and moved on. But, every time i am driving home and i turn that first corner onto the boulevard i see that TREE!
Every year, a family in town puts up this HUGE, BRIGHT, Christmas tree that you can see from MILES away. Well, a few years ago i went looking for that tree with a boy. Later that night we had our first kiss. That TREE brings up all these memories and i can't HELP but get a painful twinge of heartache every time i see it. I love Christmastime... but i HATE THAT TREE!!!!! Grrr!

Those are my thoughts for the evening... off to bed! Good night!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know that tree!!
p.s. glad you had a good day!

Mommy of 4 said...

Ok girl... we need to catch up... on thought #2.... write a comment on my blog or facebook so we can get together soon to chat.... I will be praying for you!
Sandy