Saturday, December 6, 2008

"For Good"

I am SUPER passionate about friendships. But unfortunatly, that isn't always the best... and sometimes people get hurt. Well, this week (as i said earlier) the Lord has been revealing a ton of stuff to me. The other night, when my momma and i went to see "Wicked" i full on broke down into tears during this song. It just made me think about the whole situation that i am in right now. And over these past few days, i see that this song is SO meaningfull towards so many situations in my life... past and present. So, for those of you who are my friends, and maybe we havent been so close, or maybe there has been drama there, or just unspoken junk between us, or full on pain... this is for you.

"For Good"

"I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason,
Bringing something we must learn.
And we are led to those who help us most to grow,
If we let them, and we help them in return.
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...


Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun.
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood.
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you,
I have been changed for good

It well may be that we will never meet again in this lifetime,
So let me say before we part,
So much of me is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...


Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea.
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood.
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

And just to clear the air
I ask forgiveness
For the things I've done you blame me for
But then, I guess we know
There's blame to share
And none of it seems to matter anymore

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood

Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a bird in the wood

Who can say if I've been
Changed for the better?
I do believe I have been
Changed for the better
And because I knew you...
I have been changed for good...
"



**lyrics in bold are for YOU.

No comments: