Saturday, December 6, 2008

just for me!

Wow... this week has been so hard, but so amazing at the same time. The Lord is working on me and it is awesome!
I found myself sad many times this week. Just not feeling like "enough." Well, the other night i really wanted to listen to an OLD cd that i hadn't heard in a long time. As the songs played, it was as if the Lord was singing right to me! Those songs were written to my heart! They were just what i needed at that very moment! It was amazing. Here are just some of the lyrics. Maybe you will be encouraged as well!

"...Make me Your child, let me hold Your hand and run with You.
Touch me with Your grace, love me beyond what I am.
Forgive me for all that I do.
Fill me with courage and righteousness.
Send me Your knowledge of truth, and make me holy like You."


"...For generations I have waited for you,
Made you in My image, beloved child.
For generations I have longed for the day when I'll take you in My arms and say:
Your name is on My lips,
Your life is in My hands,
Your tears are in My eyes, have peace and know."


This one hit me especially hard... brought tears to my eyes...

"I lay this wasted body at your feet.
And the shambles of my day come jeering after me.
I'm lost, torn, bewildered, and I'm never worthy of You,
But in my weakest hour when no one else is there, You are.

How perfect Your love is, how gentle Your voice is.
How loving your touch is when I'm weak!
Your eyes look through me, to see a creation that you have made me to be.
Loving Savior, please rescue me.

I know you see me just the way I really am,
And the selfishness in me, is not the way You planned.
You take all my ugliness and wash it all away,
Whatever I have done You look at me and say:

How perfect your face is when you look at Me,
How I love your touch when you are weak.
You're scared and you're tired, but your dearest to Me.
And in your biggest heartache, when no one else is there, I will be.

You have formed my heart and You love me.
Even with my dragging sins upon me.
You see a child that once You knew,
And with undeserved faithfulness You say:

How perfect your face is when you look at Me,
How I love your touch when you are weak.
You're scared and you're tired, but your dearest to Me.
And in your biggest heartache, when no one else is there, I will be."



Wow! Thank you Father for my own love songs... you knew just how BADLY i needed to hear them. How BADLY i needed Your reassurance. You are amazing, God. ♥

No comments: